Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Beauty and the Beast

Eric, Lexie, Tamsen and I had front row seats for Beauty and the Beast. I wasn't quite sure how the girls would like would do, but they loved it. They were mesmerized from the start! They watched the whole thing, clapped whenever a song was sung. It was a pretty long play, almost 3 hours long, and they were so good for the whole thing.


When the play was finished, they wanted to get up on the stage, so here's Tams and Lex on the stage at the theatre. The characters were out in the foyer after the play, so Tamsen and Lexie waited patiently to get to see Belle and have her sign their programs.

After we had pictures with Belle, I asked if there was anyone else they wanted to get pictures with or talk to. They said no. When we got out to the car, Tamsen started crying and said that she didn't get to talk to any of the people from the play. I asked who she wanted to talk to, and she said "The Beast." So we hopped in the car, drove around the block and went back in the theatre. Luckily, the Beast was still there. So was Lumiere, so we got to have pictures with him too. Lumiere was my favorite in the play. He was so funny -- when the girls went to have their picture with him, he said, "Oh! It's my front row princesses!"
Luckily, we got to see the Prince/Beast too! And everyone went home happy. It was a really fun day!
I can't wait to see what the next one is. Hopefully, it will be something fun that Tamsen will like! I've really enjoyed taking her to the theatre and I'm glad she's enjoyed it too!

No comments: