Friday, January 30, 2009

Gingerbread House

Tams has been bugging me since Halloween to do a gingerbread house. So one day, I saw a kit on sale and decided to get it for her. After all the begging I'd heard about getting a gingerbread house, I thought she'd be really excited to build it. Well... not so much. She was more about eating all the candy! Go figure! So "we" (rather, I) put the house together and put the frosting on. Then it was one candy for the house, one candy for Tamsen, one candy on the house, three candies for Tamsen. It's a miracle there was any candy on the house!!! As soon as it was done, she was ready to eat it! We did have fun putting it together! And almost everyday before Christmas, I heard, "Mom, can we eat the house today?" She was pretty shocked when we got back home after the holidays and she asked and I finally said yes! So she broke a piece off, chewed on it for a minute and said, "Here, you have it."

No comments: