Sunday, September 6, 2009

California Trip

In May we went to California for Eric and Meg's new baby's blessing. We stayed for two weeks. The first week was "vacation" -- the second week, I had to work, but it was nice to be able to work from Cali instead of home. It was still like vacation. We stayed the extra week to watch Lexie and Josh, while Eric and Meg and baby Ryan went to Hawaii with Meg's family. It was a fun two weeks. We went to Disneyland, spent some time in the pool, watched lots of movies, played a lot of Rockband. It was a nice break from the routine, and lots of fun spending time with my neice and nephew. Tams loved playing with her cousins. The weather was really odd the whole time we were there. It was cloudy, cold and rainy. Can't believe we didn't make it to the beach even once? What's up with that?

One funny thing that happened, we went to Aunt Bonnie's house. The kids wanted to go play outside -- I went out to check on them and they'd found some snails. Tamsen was just completely enthralled with them. She picked them up, let them climb up her arm. At one point she had seven or eight of them crawling on her. Lexie kept telling me she wanted to pick one up but she was too scared. Tams and Josh were picking them up and putting them in the garden. Finally, I had to wash all the slime off Tamsen's arms. Who knew that snail slime was so gooey. WoW! It took forever to get it off of her. She thought those snails were great fun though. Crazy kid. I wish I'd had my camera with me.

No comments: