Sunday, September 6, 2009

County Fair

This year, I bought ride passes for the county fair, so we went on Saturday afternoon. We got there about 3pm went and saw all the animals, then started riding on rides. We ran into Tamsen's cousin, Shaylie, so they rode on a bunch of rides together. About 6:30, we went and found some dinner. After dinner, I took Tams to look at the pictures they make out of grains each year. I figured that was about all I'd get to look at -- but as soon as we walked out from seeing the pictures, she asked if there was other stuff we could look at. Huh???? So we went and looked at the quilts, the sewing projects, the cooking, etc. She actually really liked looking at the stuff and wanted to know why we couldn't eat the food. I was amazed that I got to look at the stuff I like to see at the fair! After looking through all the booths, we went back and rode some more rides. Tamsen's favorites where the YoYo (the giant swings that go around and around), the ferris wheel, and the "big kid" roller coaster. On the way home at about 10:30 pm, she said "Mom, today was the greatest day of my whole life!" Who needs Disneyland when you've got the county fair?

No comments: