Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tamsen's First Day of Kindergarten

Tamsen started kindergarten. On the first day, they were supposed to bring a parent with them. It was fun to see her classroom and watch the teacher, kind of get an idea of what she's going to be doing each day. She really liked the first day of school. The next day, when I told her it was time to get ready for school, she said, "I'm get to go to kindergarten again?" Apparently, she thought she was only going to go once. I volunteer in her class one day a week, and the second day of school was my first day in there. When the kids got to class, the teacher was really strict with them, trying to teach them to find their seats without talking, pass in their homework without talking, basically, do everything without talking. I was curious to see how Tamsen felt about day two. When I picked her up from school, I asked her how she liked school. She said, "It was the best day of school ever! Even better than the first day." Then I asked how she liked her teacher. "I love my teacher, but she's always telling us what to do." Guess you'd better get used to that -- since that's her job! I'm glad she loves school and hope she keeps liking it!

No comments: